[Wine] OpenGL + DIB

Ravi Chemudugunta chemuduguntar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 23:29:42 CDT 2011

Hello,

I am testing some OpenGL software that uses a DIB backed device
context followed by a BitBlt operation to draw graphics on to an
on-screen canvas.

Unfortunately this does not seem to work.  I have tried to patch the
latest wine with DIB engine patches (bug 421), but, was unable to get
it working still.

My question(s) are:

1) Is this a known issue?
2) Is it in the scope of the DIB engine to fix this?

and this is slightly OT, but

3) Are there any alternatives for drawing OpenGL in to a invisible
buffer in a cross-platform transparent way?

I found the some simple example code here, that is quite small and
able to replicate the problem:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4052940/win32-how-to-make-an-opengl-rendering-context-with-transparent-background

I would really appreciate any input as I am a bit stuck at the moment.

-ravi

--
C-x C-s, C-x C-c