[Wine] Re: wine vs virtualbox

KenF3 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 25 11:06:18 CDT 2011

While I understand the differences that are being presented between wine and virtualbox, my question is more geared toward using a program through wine.

I want to use a linux distro (porteus) which I am booting from a USB to run a program such as Virtual PC. I'm mainly using it as a backup situation so that I can boot a virtual machine (VM) from a local computer without having to modify the physical computer's programming. (I.E. Instead of installing ESXi, or Microsoft Hyper-V) I can load Porteus, I can access network storage (which is where the .vhd files are being kept), but I can't start the .vhd due to lack of program support. Can I run Virtual PC using Wine to load my .vhd files?