[Wine] Wine 1.3.26 no output from linux console to windows console

C3PO wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 30 04:31:52 CDT 2011

I have some problems with wineconsole.

2.6.39-gentoo-r3 #1 MSD 2011 x86_64 Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux, KDE 4.
Wine 1.3.26,
KDE 4.6,
Xorg 1.10.2

1. No output from linux console to cmd

wineconsole cmd

dir - gives the correct output from the current directory

uptime : empty output, though the program is found and started
uptimenonexistent  : File not found

ls -l : empty output
lsnonexistent -l : File not found

curl http://www.winehq.org > winehq.org - downloads the index page to winegq.org file correctly, but still without any output to CMD

Conclusion: Linux programs are starting in wineconsole cmd but there is no reply from them in cmd.

When I start wineconsole cmd in Kconsole the output of ls -l is redirected to kconsole, - I see the file list in kconsole but not in CMD

2. The second problem is related to FAR manager, when I start a command from FAR command line a new console window is popped up and closed immediately after the command is executed, no output in FAR console window as well.

I tried different combinations - nothing seems to help. Is it a bug? Does anyone know about any solutions?

Thanks.