[Wine] Re: Wine 1.3.26 no output from linux console to windows console

C3PO wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 30 13:59:51 CDT 2011

vitamin wrote:

> C3PO wrote:
> > 1. No output from linux console to cmd
> > wineconsole cmd
>
> Wineconsole won't produce any output on the same terminal. It opens a new X window to simulate windows' console. Don't use wineconsole if you need to get output from a command into the same terminal.
>
> OK. BTW wineconsole works under text mode terminal as well as in X window.
> Ctl-Alt-F1...
> wineconsole cmd
>

> C3PO wrote:
> > 2. The second problem is related to FAR manager
>
> Don't use far. It's not made for *NIX. There is a comparable replacement  midnight commander available.

Unfortunately there is nothing close to FAR on *NIX platform I used about 10 different file managers, MC included and they all suck compared to FAR. I use MC for about 4 years and anytime I have to choose I'll go for FAR. It saves a lot of time and I mean A LOT when I program and I can't replace FAR for any navigator or IDE in linux which provide me with the same speed to access tools I need.

FAR won't start with wine, only with wineconsole :-(

Thanks for the feedback.