[Wine] Pulse audo in 1.3.25+

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:47:06 CDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 4:44 AM, oiaohm <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> winepulse patch we do not provide support for.
>
> Please try alsa with hardware acceleration set to emulation.
>
> Installing the winepulse patch breaks things.
>

> Yes I know winepulse isn't supported.  My point was that winepulse doesn't
work in 1.3.25+ because of the mmdevapi (or however it's spelled) rewrite.
 Which is fine.  I'm looking how to get sound through pulse with wine in
1.3.25+ versions now.  I saw there was a multimedia-git, but I can't get
sound out of it at all.  Was hoping someone could offer some help with that
git so I could keep up on newer wines while also getting sound from pulse.
(aplay plays wav files fine.  I've selected alsa/pulse/removed the Driver
Audio in regedit, I've changed Emulation to Full and back for all 3,  still
no sound in Wine applications).

and here is console output:

ALSA lib pcm_pulse.c:1008:(_snd_pcm_pulse_open) Unknown field
handle_underrun
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 32 channels,
pretending there's only 2 channels

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell