[Wine] Re: Clean enviroments in Wine

bigseb wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 3 15:25:59 CST 2011

dimesio wrote:

> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-faf9617c53607e583f6e6ff70a4ac9522d490faf

>From that link:

7.2. Can I store the virtual Windows installation somewhere other than ~/.wine?

Yes: ~/.wine is just the default Wine "prefix" (a.k.a. "configuration directory" or "bottle").

You can change which prefix Wine uses by changing the WINEPREFIX environment variable (outside Wine). To do this, run something like the following in a terminal:

export WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-new
wine winecfg

Wine will then create a new prefix in ~/.wine-new.

To use the default prefix, use the command unset WINEPREFIX . Or just set WINEPREFIX to ~/.wine.

Alternatively, you can specify the wine prefix in each command, e.g.

WINEPREFIX=/path/to/wineprefix wine winecfg

You can rename, move, copy and delete prefixes without affecting others, and each prefix has its own wineserver instance.

Wherever you see "~/.wine" or "$HOME/.wine" in this Wiki, you can usually replace it with "$WINEPREFIX".

I don't know what to do with that :( Sorry