[Wine] Re: Clean enviroments in Wine

Mateusz Stachowski wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 4 07:50:39 CST 2011

I'm using the env variable instead of the export command and it works nicely.

Code:
env WINEPREFIX="/media/Dane/.wine-Skyrim/" winetricks vcrun2008

This will run winetricks for that enviroment and install vcrun2008 without going to GUI. Unfortunately installing Steam will always create Wineprefix in home .local/share/wineprefixes/steam (that's hidden folder in Nautilus press CTRL+H) and I don't know how to change it. The good side of it is that you can copy installed Steam to other Wineprefixes and use it.

Code:
env WINEPREFIX="/media/Dane/.wine-Skyrim/" winecfg

This will create new clean Wineprefix (if it isn't already there) and open the Wine configuration program.

Code:
env WINEPREFIX="/media/Ubuntu/.wine-NitronicRush/" wine-raw3 "/home/mateusz/qBT_dir/NitronicRush_setup_20111111.0.exe"

With that you would install NitronicRush on /media/Ubuntu within .wine-NitronicRush prefix using a patched Wine version.