[Wine] Re: World of Warcraft Launcher.exe keeps crashing

madmaxfh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 5 17:47:09 CST 2011

> Turning off peer to peer transfers seemed to fix the issue for me.

> I worked a bit more on this with another wine enthusiast. This one-liner should accomplish the same thing as my previous post:
>
> Code:
> wine reg add "HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Blizzard Downloader" /v "Disable Peer-to-Peer" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

This seems to have fixed the issue with the launcher for me, I could download the whole game, thanks for sharing the <3

However I still cant play because I installed using winetricks wowtrial and it must install the US version or something, because when I try to log in I get a message saying I'm in the wrong region, and I cant use the installer I download from battle.net because wine doesn't let me accept the license agreement. But thats another issue :'(