[Wine] Problem running GIMP under Wine

kaeza wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 6 18:21:27 CST 2011

Hello.
I just wanted to post it here to receive feedback.
I have downloaded both the GIMP and the GTK+ runtime as installers.
They run correctly (I think) on both Windows and Linux, but when running The CIMP under Wine, the program just crashed showing the well known dialog box from Windows.
Is this a bug in Wine?
Before you post an inane reply, I already have GIMP for Linux (x86 Linux native binaries) and it works perfectly, so I'm not really insterested in using GIMP for Windows under Wine, but at least know why it does crash under Wine.