[Wine] Re: Wine and pulse audio

ole wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 10 09:07:02 CST 2011

Using ALSA or OSS instead of PulseAudio is not actual at all. Its si much problems using ALSA and OSS with duplex sound thru wine and native linux-apllications.

And problems comes when trying to use things like mumble and playing a game with wine.

The pulseaudio-patch which was added for Wine versions up to 1.3.28 (not official i think), has been working just perfect.

I tried 1.3.34 which should be patched, but it can't find the pulsedrivers, so I need to downgrade back to 1.3.28 with patch.

Even if this is considered "buggy", I would rather have them included as "experimental" or whatever. I think it's better to include choices rather than just removing them..

PulseAudio is the only sound server which is working properly in linux, and which is easy to configure.