[Wine] How to pass file as argument in .desktop file for wine app?

zetah wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 11 04:55:48 CST 2011

I'm running Wine 1.3.24 on Ubuntu 11.04

Please consider this .desktop file for Notepad application:

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Notepad
Exec=wine "/home/zetah/.wine/drive_c/windows/notepad.exe" %F
Type=Application
Terminal=false
Categories=Wine
MimeType=text/plain

If I pass/drop text file on this notepad.desktop file, Notepad complains about error reading the file, as it can't resolve file path

If I put Exec line like this:

Code:
Exec=wine "/home/zetah/.wine/drive_c/windows/notepad.exe" z:%F

then it reads passed file fine, but every time I start notepad.desktop file (so without passing file on it) "z:" argument is passed to Notepad which is undesired.

Notepad is just example application.

How can I resolve this problem, without scripts or other complications?

TIA