[Wine] Eve-online && msvcp80.dll

b0hoja wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 11 11:09:25 CST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm currently an Arch user and an Eve lover. I wish i could play eve under my Arch to pass this Windows usage every time i would like to play a bit. Therefor i mounted my windows partition from my arch and tryed to start it with wine.

Unfortunatly the game crashs, the error message given by my terminal (I lauch the game using the command : wine eve.exe) is here:

> wine: Call from 0x7b83a332 to unimplemented function msvcp80.dll.??0?$basic_ifstream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@QAE at XZ, aborting

Then i tryed to add this .dll using wineconf and going to libraries, adding msvcp80.dll as builtin.

Unfortunatly it doesn't work. I already tryed to install the game by playonlinux and it didn't worked neither. Any ideas ?