[Wine] status of Jack?

Csillag Kristof csillag.kristof at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 18:15:37 CST 2011

At 2011-12-12 22:19, jordan wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Csillag Kristof wrote:
>>> Could someone please explain me what is the current status of the jack
>>> audio back-end?
>>>
>> It no longer exists. http://wiki.winehq.org/Sound
> That being said, the majority of Jack users that i know (myself
> included), are more likely to be using WineASIO for apps (that support
> ASIO, so pretty much any windows proaudio centric application) and
> FST/Festige for VSTs.
>
> You will note in the link above, it also cites WineASIO being available.
>
> The removal of the old wine Jack driver had zero effect on my use of
> windows applications with jackaudio.
That's great news!

So, is the latest version if wineasio (0.9.0) compatible with the
current wine version (1.3.34), or should I go for cvs/svn?

Is this the right list to discuss wineasio and FST/Festige, or should I
take it to linux-audio?

(In fact, one of my primary goals in this project is to run Kontakt on
Linux, and since it'a VST, FST is my prime candidate for the job.
Stand-alone applications are a secondary goal.)

Thank you for your help:

    Kristof