[Wine] status of Jack?

Csillag Kristof csillag.kristof at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 15:34:46 CST 2011

> Hey Kristof,
>
>> >  So, is the latest version if wineasio (0.9.0) compatible with the current
>> >  wine version (1.3.34), or should I go for cvs/svn?
> you can use any (modern) version of wine. I am currently using wine
> 1.3.34 (with the wine-rt patch). there's no point in grabbing the very
> latest wine sources, as 1.3.34 is a development release, anyway. ;)
I meant the SVN version of wineasio.

Last release of wineasio (0.9) came out 10 month ago. Is it still
compatible with current wine?

> Honestly, You are most likely going to periodically experience some
> nasty audible xruns from Kontakt...just to give you a head's up.
>
> You are probably better off making your own sample banks in say,
> Linuxsampler - where you are going to actually get decent performance
> out of them, without glitchyness (this is also true of Battery3, i
> would know as i own N.I. Komplete 7).
Well, I would like to have the best possible piano sound, and according
to most experts, that's Ivory II and Galaxy Pianos.
Ivory II sounds harder, because it has DRM (iLok), and I am trying
Galaxy Pianos first, which is powered by Kontakt.

> Native instruments plugins can be dicey and mileage will vary! (with
> WineASIO and/or Festige). it can be a little disappointing.
Well, I will see...

> You will also either have to compile the latest wineASIO
By latest, you mean 0.9, or the SVN version?

> with INT32, and change a wine registry setting to enable it (howto in readme i think),
> otherwise N.I plugins just produce distortion. Alternatively, you can
> use an older version of wineASIO, such as 0.7.5 .

I will check that out.

Thank you for your help:

    Kristof