[Wine] Re: Black (transparent?) Screen - wine 1.3.34

Mateusz Stachowski wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 14 13:53:25 CST 2011

Hi Foerthan,

If you have problems with Baldur's Gate on Wine you could try GemRB. That's a portable open-source implementation of Bioware's Infinity Engine. Unfortunately it's development is still in Beta stage (bugs are expected). I didn't try it myself yet, but with GOG Holiday Sale I've bought both Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment so it's probably time to test GemRB.

GemRB Wiki (http://www.gemrb.org/wiki/doku.php?id=start)

GemRB Game Engine (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gemrb/)

PPA for GemRB (https://launchpad.net/~sao/+archive/ppa)

That PPA contains latest stable release, but it probably would be better to clone the git repository and compile it yourself.