[Wine] Re: Running windows DLL functions from GCC application

robiwan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Dec 15 01:55:02 CST 2011

vitamin wrote:
> Does it allocate memory?

Doesn't winelib wrap all Windows specific allocations (GlobalAlloc/Free etc)?
If memory allocations/frees are just within the DLL function (i.e. no pointers are returned from function calls), shouldn't that be just fine ?

vitamin wrote:
> Does it import any functions (use winedbump to check).

I think not, at least nothing outside core Windows DLLs (hopefully only kernel32, which I'll check), which I hope winelib should be able to handle ?

vitamin wrote:
> You have to use winegcc.

Ok, fair enough.