[Wine] Re: Can't install Civ4

BobTheBull wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 19 22:34:14 CST 2011

Well, Glory Be!

Did that and it worked. The installer ran and installed the first step. This is a difficult install and many people have had a lot of trouble with it in Windows; there are 6 installer to run to get the whole thing installed.

Could have sworn I did that before because that was one of the suggestions in the Civ4 forum, but must have done it wrong. Just at a guess, does it matter that you set winearch after setting wineprefix?. Another observation: after setting the above in terminal had to run each installer from the terminal. If I double clicked on the .exe it was installed to the default prefix, /home/username/.wine. Since I want this set up in it's own bottle on my data drive, as it takes 4.1G for the whole install, I kept using the command line and it worked.

It did set up an icon in programs menu which I copied to favorites to make starting the game easy. It does load all the way, although have not really played it yet.

Many thanks for all your help. After some game play to affirm it really works I guess I should post this in appsDB.