[Wine] Wine 1.0 on Fedora 16 64-bit

blundakat wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 20 00:56:35 CST 2011

Hello

I am trying to install Oblivion on Fedora 16 64-bit but am having problems with the install sheild crashing. I have read that this is because of the 64 bit wine so I am trying to build an older version of wine from source. However I am having problems with this aswell. I suspect that this is because of the 64-bit OS aswell. the reason I say this is that it appears 'make' is still trying to use lib64, please see the last few lines of 'make':

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libexif.so when searching for -lexif
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lexif
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /lib64/libusb.so when searching for -lusb
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /lib64/libusb.so when searching for -lusb
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /lib64/libusb.so when searching for -lusb
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /lib64/libusb.so when searching for -lusb
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
winegcc: gcc failed
make[2]: *** [gphoto2.ds.so] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/blundakat/Downloads/wine-1.0/dlls/gphoto2.ds'
make[1]: *** [gphoto2.ds] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/blundakat/Downloads/wine-1.0/dlls'
make: *** [dlls] Error 2

any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. I am trying to use wine 1.0 because it was recomened as working the best with Oblivion.