[Wine] Re: Wine 1.0 on Fedora 16 64-bit

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 20 07:14:30 CST 2011

blundakat wrote:
> I tried the latest version and the installer crashed with the error Error Code: -5006 : 0x8000ffff, which there was a bug report for. The person who issued the bug said he fixed it by installing an earlyer version of wine.

Bug number?

As you've been told, 1.0 is no longer supported here, and according to the AppDB Oblivion works fine in recent Wine. If there was a regression, I doubt it goes back to 1.0; in that case you should be using the last known good version of Wine.

As for building 32 bit Wine on a 64 bit OS, you need to install 32 bit versions of everything Wine complains about.