[Wine] Re: Problems with NeverwinterNights2

pucky wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 20 16:04:46 CST 2011

thanks @mogorva:
thank you for you help. I can really play NWN2 now though its a little bit bumpy. This is cause most probably by the hardware. Im not sure about the version. Im using Debian Sid, it suppose to be up to date, the latest version but the wine version shows at the wine-configuration window is just 1.0.1. There is however a wine-unstable package bundle. These packages have the version number 1.1.36.

I think it was right to put these dlls into the .wine/drive_c/windows/system32 and I didn't made any further adaptions, no DLL assignment etc.
When I try to download a dll over the web, my browser offers me to use wine-safe to save or to run that dll? What is the purpose of this software? I couldn't find information about it, not even if I try the search function of this website.

What is still not usable, is the update function of NWN2, its not possible to setup a connection to the web.

What can I do to fix this.

Thank you so far...

/pucky