[Wine] [PLEASE HELP] Trying to install wine in Amazon AWS EC2

gyu5point0 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 23 23:57:39 CST 2011

I looked everywhere for information on how to install wine in the Amazon AWS cloud.

Can somebody please point me to some working binaries and which AMI to use?  And possibly some installation instructions?

I'm just trying to run some simple Windows console applications (from MS-DOS)... nothing fancy.  But wine just doesn't want to install or run in AWS.   Surely many people have installed wine in the Amazon cloud a thousand times, right?

Thanks for any help.