[Wine] Crysis Retail w/ Wine 1.3.35

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 24 15:26:34 CST 2011

Hi all,

I am using Kubuntu 11.10 w/ KDE Desktop 4.7.3. Desktop effects are enabled (OpenGL) and fullscreen Windows are undirected. I have an Nvidia 8800 GTX w/ proprietary driver 280.13. Everything works great (sound, mouse, in-game 3D rendering, etc) except for keyboard input!!

Previously installed Crysis in a Wineprefix a few months ago (using about Wine 1.3.21 I think). I've updated Wine to 1.3.35 and now all my keyboard input is being directed to the terminal I am running the game from!

Running Crysis fullscreen (using a patched Wine 1.3.35) I can load a previously saved game (using the mouse only for navigation). The keyboard doesn't work at all in the menus or in game (keystrokes are directed to the console used to launch the game). Same problem with the "vanilla" packaged Wine 1.3.35.

Keyboard works with Virtual Desktop:

Code:
????@????:~/.wineprefixes/crysis/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Crytek/Crysis/Bin32$ wine explorer /desktop=name,1024x768 Crysis.exe &>  ./virtual_desktop_debug.log

Keyboard doesn't work with Fullscreen:

Code:
????@????:~/.wineprefixes/crysis/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Crytek/Crysis/Bin32$ wine ./Crysis.exe &>  ./fullscreen_debug.log

In the short (minimal output) logs I get the only line worthy of attention is:

Code:
fixme:xinput:XInputGetCapabilities (0 1 0xb95e9fc)

Even if that relates to the keyboard input problem - this identical line is present when running Crysis in a virtual desktop (when the keyboard does work in game)...

Any thoughts? It's probably something obvious... I guess it might be a useful learning experience for me to figure this out 8)

Thanks
Bob