[Wine] Re: Beginner and need to install Wine IExplore

asiangoddess wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 24 22:14:13 CST 2011

Hello! Thank you, everybody! All your suggestions have helped me to successfully download and install Pwsget secure file downloader.  Not sure if that's a version of wget but I think it is based on what I've read.

I'm sorry I forgot to add what version of Wine I have installed on my computer.  I downloaded Wine-1.3.6-i486-sfs4 from QuickPet and I also installed Wine-1.3.13-Lucid 52 which is a Windows Compatibility Layer.

I attempted to download the file http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wine/wine_gecko-1.4-x86.msi and install it on /usr/share/wine/gecko and this window comes up.  Message reads: Directory '/usr/share/wine/gecko' not found.  I thought the gecko file is downloaded automatically when I download the Wine files?

How do I fix this? Please help, thanks! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, all!