[Wine] Re: Warcraft 3: TFT or RoC in Wine

Entanglement wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 25 21:39:09 CST 2011

Okay, I've done the following so:

mv ~/.wine ~/.wine-old
(I wanted to back up all of my files before I did a clean prefix).
rm -rf ~/.wine
(Deleting the hidden wine folder)

Then I inserted the installation CD for RoC. Then proceeded with:
mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom (as root)
(Mounted the cdrom and created a mount point)
cd /mnt/cdrom  (this part and the next parts were all done as the standard user)
wine install.exe
(The installer .exe was titled install.exe)

Afterwards, the installation succeeded. When I try to run the program:
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Warcraft\ III/Warcraft\ III.exe
Then I get the error message as stated from my first post. Specifically stated, this is what the error message shows:

> Warcraft III was unable to detect a disc in your CD-ROM drive. Please make sure your Warcraft III disc is in your CD-ROM drive, then click on 'Retry'.

There are two options, "Retry" and "Cancel." However, according to the FAQ for the log, I need to click the equivalent of "Okay" to make it, or in this case "Retry." It fails to make Warcraft III work, but it does create the log. Here is the output of log.txt:

Code:
fixme:seh:RtlAddFunctionTable 0x61e45620 1 61e40000: stub
fixme:seh:RtlAddFunctionTable 0x61776ba0 1 61700000: stub
fixme:seh:RtlAddFunctionTable 0x64f69540 1 64f40000: stub
fixme:seh:RtlAddFunctionTable 0x622c6620 1 622c0000: stub
fixme:seh:RtlAddFunctionTable 0x6ce47620 1 6ce40000: stub
fixme:seh:RtlAddFunctionTable 0x682d4b20 1 682c0000: stub
fixme:seh:RtlAddFunctionTable 0x638d1dc0 1 63800000: stub
fixme:seh:RtlAddFunctionTable 0x266ea0 1 240000: stub
fixme:seh:RtlAddFunctionTable 0x68f5b6a0 1 68f40000: stub
fixme:seh:RtlAddFunctionTable 0x6b431bc0 1 69c40000: stub
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0xcae308, overlapped 0xcae2d0): stub
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0xd8e8fc, overlapped 0xd8e8e0): stub
wine: configuration in '/home/myusername/.wine' has been updated.

That was just Reign of Chaos (RoC). This is Frozen Throne, which as stated previous with the "$GAME" error message part, is the same:

I put the CD in, and then:
mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom (as root)
cd /mnt/cdrom (from here on, I switched back to the standard user)
wine install.exe

Again, like RoC the install went flawlessly. However, when attempting to run the program, I get (once again):

> Frozen Throne was unable to detect a disc in your CD-ROM drive. Please make sure your Frozen Throne disc is in your CD-ROM drive, then click on 'Retry'.

However, this time with:
wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Warcraft\ III/Frozen\ Throne.exe &> log.txt
log.txt doesn't have anything for me as RoC did. I'm not sure what happened.

I tried to start both games using wine while the CD was mounted and unmounted (but if it's unmounted, due to my game CD's being old, they would not work anyways).

vitamin, as for my gcc version, this is the output of

Code:
$ gcc --version

Code:
thomas at carrion7 ~ $ gcc --version
gcc (Gentoo 4.5.3-r1 p1.0, pie-0.4.5) 4.5.3