[Wine] Wine doesn't write in the USB pendrive

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 11:17:14 CST 2011

2011/12/26 André Luiz D. Queiroz <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:
> Hi, Everybody.
> I have tried to update Portable Firefox to the last version (v. 9) at home, in order I could get the latest one to use also at
> Office (where I don't have Administrator rights, neither can install Firefox 'natively'...); however, after reinstalling Wine 32 in
> my personal machine (running Mageia), Wine  doesn't recognize the USB Pendrive ans 'writeable', then the update fails...
> How to set-up Wine accordingly to settle such issue?

One:  Please check with your company's security folks.  You may be
subjecting yourself to immediate termination (I know that would happen
where I work.)
Two:  Insure that the USB device is mounting in Linux as read-write.
If it is mounting as read-only consult your Linux distribution for
additional assistance.
Three:  Check what type of drive device Wine is mounting the device as
in winecfg.  Make sure that Wine is seeing the drive as a
removable/hard drive and not a CDROM/DVD device.

You may have to plug in the device before starting Wine so that the
device will be identified properly and then unmount it after shutting
down Wine.

James