[Wine] Unable to register the DLL/OCX

spennisi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 26 18:01:09 CST 2011

I am new to Wine and anything like it. I want to run the application "ATCS Monitor". When I installed ATCS Monitor I received an error message:

C:\windows\system32\wshom.ocx

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x1

-From Terminal-

err:typelib:sltg_get_typelib_ref Unable to find reference
err:module:import_dll Library ScrRun.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wshom.ocx") not found

I can get through it by just ignoring it but I then have errors in ATCS Monitor.

I am running wine 1.2.3 on a MacBookPro with Lion. I have also installed  MSJet and MDAC which were needed for ATCS Monitor. I am stuck and really need some help.