[Wine] Unable to register the DLL/OCX

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 19:58:49 CST 2011

On 12/26/11 5:01 PM, spennisi wrote:
> I am new to Wine and anything like it. I want to run the application "ATCS Monitor". When I installed ATCS Monitor I received an error message:
>

> C:\windows\system32\wshom.ocx
>
> Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x1
>
> -From Terminal-
>
> err:typelib:sltg_get_typelib_ref Unable to find reference
> err:module:import_dll Library ScrRun.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wshom.ocx") not found
>
> I can get through it by just ignoring it but I then have errors in ATCS Monitor.
>
> I am running wine 1.2.3 on a MacBookPro with Lion. I have also installed  MSJet and MDAC which were needed for ATCS Monitor. I am stuck and really need some help.
First, upgrade to Wine 1.3.35.  Wine 1.2.3 is almost a year old and is
missing some very important updates.

Second, do a search for the file in the directory $HOME/.wine  I suspect
that either it is not there or it is in the same directory as where the
program installed.

(BTW, I am a fellow Mac user and you did the right thing by using MacPorts.)

James