[Wine] Warcraft 3: TFT or RoC in Wine

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 21:57:02 CST 2011

On 12/28/11 1:38 PM, Entanglement wrote:
> Okay, I've taken your suggestion and implemented them. I unlinked d: and d:: in ~/.wine/dosdevices/ and then remade the symlinks to d: and d:: but again I get the same error.
>
> As for running the program with: ~/.wine/path/to/the/program.exe&>  ~/Documents/log.txt,
This usually does not work.

Try:

[code]
cd $HOME/.wine/path/to/the/programfiles
wine program.exe >& log.txt
[/code]

I recommend AGAINST writing the logging file to your documents folder.

Also the use of $HOME works in most shells/*nixes and is technically
more accurate than using the tilde character.

James