[Wine] Re: Warcraft 3: TFT or RoC in Wine

Entanglement wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 28 22:55:03 CST 2011

Thank you for those tips Mr. McKenzie,

As per your suggestion, I did the following:

Code:

cd $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Program\ Directory/Program.exe &> log.txt

This successfully generated a log.txt file in the directory of $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Program\ Directory/.

Unfortunately, the log.txt file constantly ends up empty. The exception is if I go back into my terminal instead, and Ctrl+C to quit outputs:

Code:
fixme:console:CONSOLE_DefaultHandler Terminating process 32 on event 0

The "process XY" part seems to be dynamic as it constantly changes every time I do this.

At this point I think the easier solution would be to just take the patch that let's everybody skip putting the CD in and just put that in the correct folder. So, as a last resort, my question is does anybody know which folder this might be and which patch I will need?