[Wine] Re: Warcraft 3: TFT or RoC in Wine

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Dec 29 07:17:33 CST 2011

jjmckenzie wrote:

> For many reasons, most of them legal, we cannot help here.  You may find help by using Google or other means.

He's talking about the official patch from Blizzard that removed the cd check.

The AppDB says the way to get it is to connect to battle.net and upgrade. It also says that buggy video drivers are the cause of the "Please insert disc" message. http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3126

Finally, the question actually asked in the original post was:

> Although I've found this patch, I am unsure of two things:
>
> 1. Is it possible to still play the game WITH the CD? The reason I ask this is because I would like to download all of the latest patches since the patch that allows users to play without the CD.
>
> 2. Which folder should this patch be moved to?

Neither of those are Wine questions. Ask on the Warcraft III forum.