[Wine] JVM 7 fails to start

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Thu Dec 29 18:46:25 CST 2011

On Thu, 2011-12-29 at 18:11 -0600, bobul wrote:
> As I said - the application is not pure Java, it just uses JVM, it is
> not open-source, it is commercial application and it also uses some
> DLLs.

Gaaah! Another bunch of developers who don't understand the meaning of
WORA.

> So now my problem is with the application, that it cannot find the jre
> when starting(it is started by .exe file) - the jre is located in one
> subfolder but it still cannot be found :-\

How does the app know where Java is installed (in a .INI file, the
registry, hard-coded into the program or what)?

If it can be configured, do so, by changing the config file or registry
with the appropriate editor. Be sure to use Wine's version of regedit if
its in the registry. If its not configurable, try running the program
from the console, look through the console output to see where the
program expects to find the JRE, and then put it where the program is
looking.

Martin