[Wine] Re: [PLEASE HELP] Trying to install wine in Amazon AWS EC2

KenJackson wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 31 12:15:31 CST 2011

gyu5point0 wrote:
> I looked everywhere for information on how to install wine in the Amazon AWS cloud.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do.

First, what host OS are you using?  Linux?  Which distro?

Second, are you trying to install the Wine executables, fonts and data files on Amazon AWS?  If so, what directory structure are you using?  How are you installing it?

Or are you just trying to install your .wine directory on Amazon AWS?

Third, how are you accessing Amazon AWS?

Fedora Linux has a package fuse-s3fs (https://fedorahosted.org/s3fs) in their repository that allows you to mount an Amazon S3 storage facility in your file system using fuse.  (I've been thinking about it, but haven't tried it yet.)

In theory, if you want to put your .wine directory in the cloud, I think you would mount the service with fuse, set the WINEPREFIX variable to a .wine subdirectory of the mount, and run wineboot.