[Wine] page fault using compiled wine, but not packaged version

tjandacw wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 31 12:59:54 CST 2011

Ubuntu 11.10 (64-bit)
wine 1.3.35

I'm trying to build wine so I can track down a bug. (Bug 8997 - Troopmaster freezing). The problem I have is when download the source and build it, I get a page fault when I try to run Troopmaster.exe using wine. If I use the wine installed from the Ubuntu repositories (same version)  I don't get the page fault.

Why don't I get the same result between my build and the repository build?

Thanks for any help.