[Wine] Steam on Wine (Fedora 14 x86_64)

noogai93 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 1 05:44:17 CST 2011

Hello,

I've recently tried to get steam running on my linux installation with wine, now i have followed the instructions on the steam official release page and I have installed the winetricks dependencies and the program does not start. The icon appears for a moment then disappears. I have tried repairing the installation from the built in repairer and i have also tried doing a clean installation like the guide suggests and it still will  not start. I run a core i7 720qm and a nvidia geforce gtx 260m with drivers installed.

Can anyone shed any light here ?

Thank you,