[Wine] Ecabinets - problems accessing multiple db

[email protected] wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 1 09:58:07 CST 2011

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.  I have a program called eCabinets that I can install and launch. some of the functions work fine. Others, not so fine.
When I click on some of the functions, I get a "Can not open ecabinets files". and when I close the program I get a message:
DAO exception thrown: You attempted to open a database that is already open exclusively by user 'admin' on meachine 'john-MX8738. Try again when the database is available..

I know that there are 3 .mdb files and if it was not able to open the one called stringlist, the program would not open at all. so I knew it can access at least one of the .mdb.

When I run the program from terminal, I do get some err:ole:CoGetClassObjects. and some fixme's...

Please keep in mind that I am a new at this. so simple answers would be appreciated.

I do have jet40 and mdac 25 (also attempted with mdac27 & 28) winetricks install.

Ubuntu 11.04
wine 1.3.12

This program use IE7 and above for its framework.

Thanks you in advance...

John