[Wine] Re: Problems with DC Universe Online

mneumonic wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 1 10:06:57 CST 2011

x20mar wrote:
> That's sort of where I am just now too thou I didn't do the curtain=disable thing.
>
> The issue I'm now having is that the foreground component of the Launchpad is in the background (and vise-versa)
>
> Also I'm on Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit, this is not something I can switch away from

I had the patcher working perfectly running Ubuntu 32 bit with wine 1.3.12.  I already had vcrun2005 and wininet installed with winetricks.  I also installed ie8, flash, winhttp.  I was able to get the patcher to work, and allow me to start the game but it crashes as soon as you hit start.  I tried this on 64 bit but it told me i didnt have enough memory to play the game (wine apparently can misrepresent the amount of installed ram) so i had to use 32 bit to get this far.  The game appears to completely crash at that point though.  Hope this was helpful.  I would love to play this on Linux, its making me keep a windows partition.