[Wine] Re: Battlefield 2 with Wine

Culinax wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 3 13:22:31 CST 2011

dimesio wrote:

> Culinax wrote:
> >
> > This page (http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=3438) says that I have to change this: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\bf2.exe\Direct3D'
> > but there is no file called AppDefaults, how do I get it there?
> >

> That's not a file, it's a registry key. http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys

I know, I just said it wrong, but I didn't know I can just add it into the registry.

I've added it now, but it still doesn't work.
When I try to play in fullscreen, Ubuntu freezes and I have to press the power button for 5 seconds to force it to shut down and reboot.
When I enable the 'Emulate a virtual desktop' option in the Wine Configuration and start the game, then I get this error:
The program BF2.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
I'm sure that I installed it exactly like the page on AppDB said.

What do I have to do now?