[Wine] Program fails to start

Gary Roach gary719_list1 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 4 13:26:26 CST 2011

When I try to start Mathematica in wine the blue screen comes up for a
few seconds and then I am dropped back to my KDE Desktop. Wine works
fine with AutoCad R14. I am running an i5-750 Intel processor with
Debian Linux. I get the following error message using "wine <path to
.exe file> > file 2>&1"  on the terminal (with no quotes) to start the
program:

Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (AMD-64)
err:process:create_process starting 64-bit process L"C:\\program
files\\wolfram research\\mathematica\\6.0\\mathematica.exe" not
supported in 32-bit wineprefix
wine: Bad EXE format for C:\program files\wolfram
research\mathematica\6.0\mathematica.exe

Can anyone tell me how to correct this.

I have use this exact program on an Intel Pentium 4  based win2k system
with no problems.