[Wine] Using a custom library in iTunes

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 5 10:02:40 CST 2011

On 2/4/11 10:48 PM, 501st_alpha1 wrote:
> I have installed iTunes in Wine! Yay!
>
> However, I have a slight problem. In order for iTunes to be any use to me, I need to access my music library, which is stored on my data partition. Usually, one holds the shift key while opening iTunes, and it gives the option to choose library or create a new one. However, in my Wine install of iTunes, this doesn't work, it just opens it to the default library anyway. (I would move my library, but I would like to be able to still access it from my Windows install, just in case. Plus I like to keep my data separate.) Are there any workarounds to this, or should I file a bug report?
>
> Wine 1.2.2
> iTunes 10.1
>
> Need any other info?

Have you created a 'fake' drive which points to where your library is
located?

Once you correct your .wine directory using the instructions pointed to
by dimensio, type in:

winecfg in a terminal session.  This should start the Wine Configuration
program.
Click on Drives -> Add

Add a drive that points to where the library files are located.

Click on Apply then the OK button.

Try to run iTunes again and see if the program picks up your tunes library.

James McKenzie