[Wine] _INS5176._MP

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 5 19:13:03 CST 2011

On 2/5/11 11:57 AM, pod25music wrote:
> James McKenzie wrote:
>> On 2/5/11 10:31 AM, pod25music wrote:
>>
>>> To save me searching. What is the code needed to create a log file before the installer starts ?
>>>
>> I use the following code:
>>
>> wine<installer.exe>  >  <name of logging file.txt>  2>&1
>>
>> Where<installer.exe>  is the program name for installing the program
>> and<name of logging file.txt>  is the name, including path, for the file
>> to output log information to.
>>
>> Since I am on a Mac, an example would not be appropriate.
>>
>> James McKenzie
>
> I used:
>
> 3630:~/BassBox$ wine SETUP.EXE&>  log.txt
Is this where the setup program resides?  Did you copy it from media or
download the program.  This will NOT capture any errors generated by
wine.  Please see my previous post on how to use the command to create a
logging file.

> And the output is the file you have seen.

And it is missing all of the error/warning/fixme messages generated by
Wine which are sent to the error pipe.  You are only capturing what
appears normally as text on the screen.  Both outputs are needed for
troubleshooting.

James McKenzie