[Wine] Trouble with WOW "Trouble finding sutible display device".

micahlloyd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 6 22:01:48 CST 2011

The launcher downloads fine but when I push "Play" I get this error message. I am have not updated the drivers on my laptop because I have no idea how. Also, I installed "wine-1.2.2-i486.pet" which was probably the wrong move but it was a pain to find a .pet for wine 1.2.2. Yes, I know that downloading WOW on a Puppy linux box is a little silly but I am also having trouble getting the Optical drive to work right for a different distro.

I am running Lucid Puppy 5.2 on a HP Pavillion dv2000 laptop.

I don't even know if I meet the min requirements for WOW:

My graphics card is Intel Mobile GM965/GL960.

Minimum requirements for wow are:
NVIDIA® GeForce® FX or ATI Radeon™ 9500 video card or better

It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks.