[Wine] Winetricks Problem

Buckeye wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 7 02:56:33 CST 2011

I just installed some enhancements with winetricks.  One or more of the components I installed broke how my WINE works.  The problem is most evident in the toolbar icons and I think it's related to transparency.  The background of the toolbar icons in LTSpice are now black.  Many of the icon images are drawn with dark lines making them unreadable.  Several applications now behave this way including the WINE File Manager.

Also, whenever an app invokes a file browser, the folder icons now have a black background.  A quick example of this is the "Install theme" button in the "Wine Configurator" under the "Desktop Integration" tab.  The two rightmost icons in the file browser are also rendered black.  Here are some pictures of what I'm talking about:

[Image: http://u3910.direct.atpic.com/30041/0/2088504/0.png ]

[Image: http://u3910.direct.atpic.com/30041/0/2088502/0.png ]

[Image: http://u3910.direct.atpic.com/30041/0/2088503/0.png ]

I have a number of apps installed, some of which are very important.  I'm hoping to avoid a total re-install as that would take quite some time.  I've tried disabling some of the most likely libraries with no improvement.

Could the RGB Color Profile cause this problem?  That was one of the things I installed, along with a bunch of directx stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.