[Wine] Dragon Age on an ATI/AMD Video card

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 7 06:44:23 CST 2011

phildaman46 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>Sent: Feb 7, 2011 5:36 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: [Wine]  Re: Dragon Age on an ATI/AMD Video card
>
>I tried everything I could think of. I'm using the latest proprietary drivers from the AMD website. I turned off settings
>in the catalyst control panel to see if some setting was the problem. I messed around with registry tweaks in Winetricks.
>I even tried copying over my WINE installation from my computer with the Nvidia card to the one with ATI. Still everything
>is black in-game.

You will read this from multiple sources:  This is a well-known shortcoming of the Catalyst AMD/ATI driver.  You have a system with an nVidia card and that is the one you will have to use to run this program.  In the meantime, you can file a bug report with AMD, but don't expect quick results.

James McKenzie