[Wine] Direction that wine is going

Jim Hall volunteer.jim at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 10:09:53 CST 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 6:32 AM, dimesio <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> kanaida wrote:
> >  but I still see things like Office 200x that still don't work 100%.
>
> Office 200x is not one program. It is not even one suite of programs: major
> version releases (2000, 2002, 2003, 2007) were further subdivided into
> different editions (Standard, Pro, etc.), there are different language
> editions for each, and then there are the service packs. Sure, they have
> things in common, including some bugs, but they are not identical.

kanaida, you said you were a programmer. If you are saying you want to get
involved in improving Wine, there is a thorn in the side of 3D game players
you can start with. Wine seems not to recognise the actual amount of video
ram available. Wine passes 256 MB to the game, but the card has 1 GB. My 3D
works but is crippled.

As far as I'm concerned that is a brick.

Jim