[Wine] Direction that wine is going

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Tue Feb 8 08:54:22 CST 2011

On 02/07/2011 04:57 PM, oiaohm wrote:

> How did you try the registry key for video card memory size.    Many people stuff up.   Set value stop wine completely with like wineserver -k then run application and the new size should appear.

Thank you for the information, that gives me something to start
searching for since I have the same problem Jim does and changing the
registry key did not fix it for me either. It's always possible I did
that incorrectly, I will check the wiki instructions and try again.

> Now either Jim you have run into a bug with wine detection of your card.  Or a bug in wine feedback path to application reporting memory size what will be fake or guessed never real.   If it matches real everything has worked out good.
>
> Wine --version, program and video card please

Here is my info to compare to Jim's, and anyone else with this issue
that chimes in:

wine version:  1.3.12 (installed via Fedora repos)
video card:  nvidia 460GTX 1G card RAM
programs not reporting card memory correctly: Lord of the Rings Online,
Star Trek Online, Champions Online, Torchlight, World of Warcraft.