[Wine] Odd error no one seems to know how to fix

Shadowwrose wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 8 23:42:43 CST 2011

First: my apologies if this is posted somewhere else. I have been searching for a couple of months on how to resolve this issue.
My problem: I can not get any games to run on Wine. It is however, only games. Other window based programs run on Wine just fine.
The error message reads as follows:
[The Program lol.launcher.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
This can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine. You may want to check http://appdb.winehq.org for tips about running this application
If this problem is not present under Windows and had not been reported yet, you can report it at http://bugs.winehq.org ]
This was while I was trying to load LoL (Leage of Legends) this is the same error message I get when I try to load the other and most important game to me, WoW. (World of Warcraft)
my Specs:
Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx
Wine 1.2.2
I have checked and it is not an error with the permissions. I have been searching for an answer for a couple of months now. Can anyone help me?