[Wine] Re: Wiki - consensus about personal pages?

hennr wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 9 12:46:06 CST 2011

dimesio wrote:

> hennr wrote:
> >
> > VitaliyMargolen deleted my whole site without any communications before which I find quite rude and annoying.
> > Also, he put my blog URL in the Wiki blacklist and told me: "Personal pages for developers only."
> >

> You've already gotten your answer from one of the developers who monitors the wiki.

Hmm, deleting a _personal page_ with the comment "_Personal page_, no useful content" is not the kind of answer I do accept.

dimesio wrote:

> FYI, the wiki has already been brought down once because it hit the limit on subdirectories allowed by the filesystem. It had to be cleaned up manually. Providing personal pages for every user is not feasible.
> http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2010-July/085610.html

That's a fact I was not aware of.
The text of uncreated personal wiki pages gives you a completely different information though.
Giving me that information and asking me to delete my page on my own would have lead to another scenario than deleting it directly with a rude comment.

Anyway, this seems to be consensus and I am fine with consensus decisions.