[Wine] Odd error no one seems to know how to fix

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 07:02:23 CST 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Shadowwrose <wineforum-user at winehq.org>wrote:

> Sadness and /tear. I ws told it would be fine, but it does not surprise me
> that person was wrong. Thank you for the help all.

few odd suggestions, although not sure if any will be that useful.

- There was a ubuntu version that did not perform well for intel graphics,
but I do not recall if that was  9.04, 9.10, or 10.04.  May be worth testing
on 10.10.  (I used World of Goo [linux edition] on a 965G chipset.  It has a
couple teeth).
- you can test wine 1.3 out, using
http://www.winehq.org/download/deb(Development version)
- don't recommend this for a production system, but there is a ppa for later
kernels/graphics drivers (kernel-edgers and xorg-edgers).  There are large
warnings that things will break when you distupgrade if you choose this
path.

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------