[Wine] Wiki - consensus about personal pages?

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 18:12:53 CST 2011

@hennr:

Any community maintained project should respectfully decline incorrect or
misplaced contributions.

I haven't seen the original content (and never will), but from
an unbiased 3rd party looking in, I too would like the respect of a
moderator emailing my deleted content back to me.  I have unknowingly
violated site rules in the past.  Nothing drives contributors away faster
than destroying all traces of what they created (even if what they created
is garbage).

For this, I do the same as you, OP.  I put it on a blog.  There's probably a
lot of garbage on my blog.  Sometimes I don't know if it's garbage and I put
it in both places in fear of deletion.  Interlinking from site-to-blog has
certainly caused turmoil.  I've learned from this so I only link from blog
to forum, not the other way around.

Sometimes the forum I choose won't have support for uploading images and I
have to cross-link to an image service.  If it's too popular, the image
service shuts off cross-linking.  Can't win some times...

I don't think I really have a moral to all this excecpt I hope you continue
to contribute to these types of community projects despite your struggles.
 Even if you are the only one using your own tutorials, keep writing them
down!  Eventually, some of them will make it to the right
eyes<http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/2008-January/028728.html>.
: )

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com