[Wine] Re: Wine on 64 bit Linux m/c

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 10 20:19:02 CST 2011

buro wrote:
> I've set WINEARCH with win64 but I did not understand what is the meaning of WoW64 mode.

To be able to start 32-bit windows apps under 32-bit Wine that will use the same registry.

Both Windows and Wine uses separate set of 32-bit libraries to run 32-bit applications on 64-bit system. There is no way around this.
With Wine, you need to properly install both 32-bit and 64-bit Wine versions so they can cooperate (that's what Wine calls wow64, more-less).